Oyster and Cracker Dressing
- 2 sleeves saltine crackers (about 66)
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, melted
- 2 pints shucked fresh oysters in their liquor, drained and 1/4 cup liquor reserved
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Lemon wedges, for serving
Preheat oven to 400 degrees with rack in top third. Pulse saltines in a food processor until coarsely ground. Add butter and pulse just to combine. Spread a thin layer of crumbs in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Top with half the oysters.
Stir together reserved oyster liquor and cream. Drizzle half the cream mixture over oysters. Sprinkle with half the remaining crumbs and all the thyme. Repeat layering with remaining oysters and cream mixture.
Stir parsley into remaining crumbs and sprinkle evenly over top. Bake dressing until bubbling and top is golden brown, about 45 minutes. Serve hot, with lemon wedges for squeezing.