Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie
Baking, simplified: One pan and two steps create this soft, gooey, giant cookie.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 8
Photography: Lennart Weibull
Source: Everyday Food, October 2013
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup packed dark-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, combine butter and sugars with a wooden spoon. Stir in egg and vanilla. Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir in chips. Transfer to a 10-inch cast-iron skillet; smooth top.
Bake until cookie is golden brown and just set in the center, 18 to 20 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes.
Add 1 cup chopped walnuts to the batter for an added crunch.