Chicken with Provencal Vegetables
If you like your potatoes extra-crispy, return the pan to the oven while the chicken is resting.
- 1 large zucchini (10 ounces), sliced 1/8 inch thick on the diagonal
- 2 small tomatoes (6 ounces each), sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1 large onion (10 ounces), sliced 1/8 inch thick
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- Coarse salt
- 1 pound small potatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 3 bone-in, skin-on chicken breast halves (2 1/2 pounds total), ribs removed
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss zucchini, tomatoes, and onion with 2 tablespoons oil. Season with salt and spread over half of sheet. Toss potatoes with remaining 2 tablespoons oil, and season. Spread over second half of pan. Roast until potatoes are beginning to brown, 25 minutes.
Remove from oven and flip vegetables. Add chicken to center of pan, brush skin with pan juices, and season. Roast until chicken is cooked through and skin is golden brown, 20 to 30 minutes more. Let chicken rest 10 minutes, then slice and serve.
SourceEveryday Food, October 2013