- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
- 1 pound large shrimp (14 to 16), peeled and deveined, tails on
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup finely grated (preferably on a Microplane) Parmesan cheese
- All-purpose flour, for dredging
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 lemons, 1 juiced and 1 sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more as needed
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
Slice each shrimp along the back to open (butterfly) slightly. Whisk together eggs and cheese in a shallow dish; place flour in another shallow dish. Dredge shrimp lightly in flour, then coat completely in egg mixture.
Whisk together broth, wine, and lemon juice; set aside. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Swirl in oil, then butter. Cook shrimp in 2 single-layer batches, adding more oil between batches as needed, until golden, about 1 1/2 minutes on each side; transfer each batch to a plate when done. Pour broth mixture into skillet and cook, swirling skillet, until reduced by half, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat, add lemon slices and parsley, and pour over shrimp. Serve immediately.