Chickpea and Cauliflower Salad
Protein-packed and so versatile, canned chickpeas are a pantry must-have that can make a meal in minutes. Try this easy idea for serving up these super staples.
- Servings: 4
Photography: Bryan Gardner
Source: Everyday Food, October 2013
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) rinsed and drained chickpeas
- 3 tablespoons drained capers
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1/2 head sliced cauliflower
- 1/2 cup chopped, roasted, salted almonds
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
On a rimmed baking sheet, toss chickpeas and capers with 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil; season. Roast at 475 degrees until chickpeas are golden brown, about 20 minutes. Whisk together 1/4 cup olive oil and red-wine vinegar. Toss together cauliflower; almonds; raisins; parsley; chickpea mixture; and dressing. Season.