Cranberry-Orange-Walnut Tea Cakes
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for pans
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for pans
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- Finely grated zest of 1 orange, plus 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen (thawed) cranberries
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter nine 4-by-2 1/2-inch loaf pans; dust with flour, tapping out excess. Combine cream, orange juice, and vanilla in a small bowl. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
With an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter, orange zest, and sugar until pale and fluffy, 3 to 5 minutes. Reduce speed to low; add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add flour mixture in 3 batches, alternating with 2 batches of cream mixture; beat until combined. Gently fold in cranberries and walnuts.
Divide batter evenly among prepared pans; smooth tops with an offset spatula. Place pans on a rimmed baking sheet; bake until cakes are golden and a cake tester comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Transfer pans to wire racks to cool 15 minutes. Turn out cakes onto racks to cool completely.