Protein-packed and so versatile, canned chickpeas are a pantry must-have that can make a meal in minutes. Try this easy idea for serving up these super staples.
- Servings: 2
Photography: Bryan Gardner
Source: Everyday Food, October 2013
- 1 minced onion
- 2 tablespoons julienned ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) rinsed and drained chickpeas
- Yogurt, for serving
- Cilantro sprigs, for serving
Saute onion, ginger, and garlic in oil. Add curry powder and cook 30 seconds. Stir in tomato paste and cook 1 minute. Add chickpeas and cook until heated through; season. Serve with yogurt and cilantro sprigs.