Under 30 Minutes
Steamed Bass with Corn and Zucchini
Other firm fleshed white fish such as halibut, snapper, or grouper can be used.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small yellow onion, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- Coarse salt and pepper
- 1/2 pound Yukon Gold potatoes peeled, and cut into medium dice
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups corn kernals (from 2 ears)
- 1 small zucchini, halved and cut 1/4-inch thick
- 12 small little neck clams, scrubbed
- Four 4-ounce skinless striped bass fillets (1-inch thick)
- Basil leaves, for serving
Melt butter in a large straight-sided skillet over medium-high. Add onion, garlic, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Saute until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add potatoes and broth, and bring to a boil. Cover, and cook for 5 minutes, add clams and cook, covered, 5 minutes. Stir in corn and zucchini. Push clams aside, and nestle fish into pan in a single layer, leaving space between pieces. Cover, and cook until clams are open and fish is opaque, 4 to 6 minutes more.