1 of 6
Salt & Sundry
After meeting food writer and shop owner Amanda McClements in her homegoods store, Salt & Sundry -- a mecca for artisanal foods and housewares -- we knew she would be the perfect guide for showing us around a reenergized capital city.
Beautiful tableware shares space with vintage finds and handmade wooden farm tables.
1309 5th Street NE, shopsaltandsundry.com
2 of 6
Get your daily dose of people-watching over coffee and croissants. This French brasserie presides over the bustling corner of 14th and Q Streets as D.C.’s new see-and-be-seen spot.
1601 14th Street NW, lediplomatedc.com
3 of 6
Long View Gallery
Pop into this hip neighborhood art gallery for a look at emerging local artists and well-known national names.
1234 Ninth Street NW, longviewgallerydc.com
4 of 6
This ham-and-sherry bar will make you a believer in the Spanish fortified wine. Channeling Spain by way of the East Coast, the lively locale highlights American hams like Surryano alongside their Spanish jamon cousins -- which pair perfectly with the more than 50 sherries.
1843 Seventh Street NW, drinkmoresherry.com
5 of 6
This indie boutique sells fashion-forward men’s and women’s clothing from local labels.
1734 14th Street NW, redeemus.com
6 of 6
The Red Hen
A wood-fired grill takes crostini with smoked ricotta and honey to a new level.
In the blossoming Bloomingdale neighborhood, the Red Hen serves up modern versions of Italian- American classics, such as clams casino and rigatoni with fennel-sausage ragu.
1822 First Street NW, theredhendc.com
You Just Viewed
- Our Food Editors' Food Resolutions
- All Scooped Up: The 10 Best Ways to Eat Ice Cream in Winter
- Studio Visit: Purl Soho
- Healthy and Delicious: Cooking with Whole Grains
- A Woodworking Couple's Labor of Love
- Real Page-Turners: Our Favorite Bookshelf Organizing Ideas
- Brass Jewelry Projects: All That Glitters Is Not Gold
- Board Games: Kevin Sharkey's Cheeseboard Picks
- A Blueprint for Color
- The Barest Simmer
- Home Decor Inspired by Color
- New Year's Heave: Our 2014 Organizing Resolutions
- Make-Ahead Office Lunch: Five Days, Five Ways
- Decorate with Brass
- From the Shar-chives: Kevin Sharkey’s Most Beloved Valentine’s Day Ideas