Quinoa Salad with Zucchini, Mint, and Pistachios
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Photography: Ryan Liebe
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed well
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup roasted salted pistachios, chopped
- Zest and juice (about 3 tablespoons) of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup packed fresh mint leaves, chopped, plus more for garnish
Place quinoa and water in a small saucepan and season with a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and cover. Simmer until tender and water is absorbed, about 16 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and let cool.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Add zucchini; cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and golden, about 7 minutes. Add garlic; cook until fragrant (do not let brown), about 30 seconds. Season with salt and pepper and add to quinoa.
Stir in scallions, pistachios, lemon zest and juice, and mint. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.