Voting Sweepstakes Rules
Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia 2014 “American Made Audience Choice Award” Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR SUBSCRIPTION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR SUBSCIPTION DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
These Official Rules apply for the “American Made Audience Choice Award” Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") conducted by Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Inc. (“MSLO”), with offices at 601 West 26th Street, New York, NY 10001 (“Sponsor”) which will be promoted on http://americanmade.marthastewart.com (“Website”), with official rules available at http://www.marthastewart.com/1013388/voting-sweepstakes-rules. The Sweepstakes will start at 9:00:00 AM Eastern Time ("ET") on September 15, 2014 and will end at 11:59:59 PM Eastern Time (“ET”) on October 13, 2014. By entering this Sweepstakes, you agree to the Terms in these Official Rules.
1. SWEEPSTAKES ENTRANTS AND PRIZE RECIPIENTS MUST BE (I) LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND (II) AGED 18 YEARS OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY TO BE ELIGIBLE. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. SWEEPSTAKES SUBJECT TO ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. Employees of Sponsor, The UPS Store, Hyatt house and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, advertising and promotion, fulfillment and/or judging agencies, and related entities (collectively, the “Released Entities”), and their immediate family members (spouse, parents, siblings, children and their spouses) regardless of where they reside and/or those living in the same household of any such individual (whether or not related) are not eligible to enter or win.
2. THERE ARE TWO WAYS TO ENTER: To enter Online: Step 1) Register as a user on the www.marthastewart.com website, if you have not already. Step 2) Visit the Website to view the Sweepstakes landing page to find Nominees for whom you would like to vote. Step 3) Click Vote. Unregistered users will be required to register at this point. Step 4) When logged-in, you may vote for your favorite nominees up to six (6) times per day during the Promotion Period. One vote is equivalent to one (1) Sweepstakes entry. To enter via email: During the promotion period, email your complete name, street address, city, state, zip code, and telephone number to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Your entry constitutes your consent to participate in this Sweepstakes and your consent for Sponsor to obtain and deliver your name, address and other information to a prize supplier designated by Sponsor and if you are deemed a winner, your prize, as well as for other uses by Sponsor as permitted by applicable law. Entries are the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, misaddressed, postage-due or otherwise misdirected entries that are processed late or incorrectly or are lost due to computer or electronic malfunction or other error. Each entrant will be charged standard carrier-specific data plan rates and applicable taxes depending upon the entrant’s individual wireless pricing plan for each entry you make on your smartphone by your wireless provider. Other carrier-specific rates may also apply, depending on your individual wireless pricing plan, in accordance with your wireless customer agreement. Sponsor in its sole discretion may add or delete a wireless carrier at any time, without notice. All entries must be received before 11:59:59 on October 13, 2014.
3. SELECTION OF WINNERS: Potential prize winners will be selected each week in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received each week during the Promotion Period for a total of four (4) winners. The random drawings will be conducted weekly on or about September 19, 2014, September 26, 2014, October 3, 2014 and October 10, 2014 by Sponsor’s representative, whose decisions on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes are final and binding in all respects pertaining to this Sweepstakes. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received each week. Potential prize winners will be notified by email or by telephone number on or about September 22, 2014, September 29, 2014, October 6, 2014 and October 13, 2014. If a prize winner notification or a prize is returned as undeliverable, a potential prize winner is ineligible, or a prize winner declines a prize, the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Limit one (1) prize per person per household.
4. PRIZES AND THEIR APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”): There will be Four Winners: Week One: one (1) winner will receive a Crafts themed package consisting of one (1) $50 Cash Card from The UPS Store (ARV: $50.00), one (1) Collapsible Picnic Basket and 4-Piece Wine Bottle set from Hyatt house (ARV: $50.00), an autographed copy of Martha Stewart's Encyclopedia of Crafts (ARV: $100.00), and a Martha Stewart American Made Market gift set (ARV: $100.00); Week Two: one (1) winner will receive a Home Decor themed package consisting of one (1) $50 Cash Card from The UPS Store (ARV: $50.00), one (1) Collapsible Picnic Basket and 4-Piece Wine Bottle set from Hyatt house (ARV: $50.00), an autographed copy of Martha Stewart's Cooking School (ARV: $100.00), and a Martha Stewart American Made Market gift set (ARV: $100.00); Week Three: one (1) winner will receive a Style themed package consisting of one (1) $50 Cash Card from The UPS Store (ARV: $50.00), one (1) Collapsible Picnic Basket and 4-Piece Wine Bottle set from Hyatt house (ARV: $50.00), an autographed copy of Martha’s Entertaining: A Year of Celebrations (ARV: $100.00), and a Martha Stewart American Made Market gift set (ARV: $100.00); and Week Four: one (1) winner will receive a Home Decor themed package consisting of one (1) $50 Cash Card from The UPS Store (ARV: $50.00), one (1) Collapsible Picnic Basket and 4-Piece Wine Bottle set from Hyatt house (ARV: $50.00), an autographed copy of Martha’s American Food (ARV: $100.00), and a Martha Stewart American Made Market gift set (ARV: $100.00). The ARV of each of the Week One, Week Two, Week Three and Week Four Prize Packages: $300.00. The Total Retail Value of all Prizes: $1200.00. Each prize winner will be solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes on prizes, as well as any and all costs associated with the acceptance and use of the prize. All expenses and costs associated with the acceptance and use of the prizes are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. No cash substitution, assignment, or transfer of any prize permitted. In the event a prize is unavailable, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. The ARV of the prizes set forth above represents Sponsor’s good faith determination of the retail value thereof, and the actual fair market value, as ultimately determined by Sponsor, is final and binding and cannot be challenged or appealed. In the event the stated ARV of a prize is more than the actual fair market value of the prize, the difference will not be awarded in cash or otherwise. All terms and conditions of The UPS Store cash cards apply.
5. CLAIMING PRIZES/RELEASES: Potential Winners will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability and Publicity Release (unless prohibited by law) to Sponsor within fourteen (14) days of notification. If a potential prize winner fails to comply with the Official Rules and/or to submit required documentation within the designated period, the potential prize winner will be disqualified and the prize will be awarded to an alternate prize winner in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. All prizes will be awarded provided they are properly claimed.
7. GENERAL: By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants and prize winners: (1) agree to be bound by these Official Rules; (2) agree to release Sponsor, any prize provider, and the Released Entities from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, costs or expenses, including without limitation property damages, personal injury and/or death arising out of participating in this Sweepstakes, or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize and claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery; and (3) consent to the use of his/her name, voice, picture, and likeness for advertising and promotional purposes in any medium throughout the world in perpetuity without additional compensation unless prohibited by law, and (4) acknowledge that Sponsor, any prize provider, and the Released Entities have neither made nor are responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition, or fitness for a particular purpose. Sponsor may discontinue this Sweepstakes at any time. Sponsor may terminate any Sweepstakes or decide to modify it in any manner that it deems fair and equitable to participants if it becomes aware of any occurrence that would materially affect the Sweepstakes' security and fairness. Sponsor may prohibit individuals from participating in the Sweepstakes and disqualify entries if they (1) attempt to enter the Sweepstakes through any means other than as described in these Official Rules, (2) attempt to disrupt the Sweepstakes or circumvent the terms and conditions of these Official Rules in any way or (3) repeatedly show a disregard for the Sweepstakes Official Rules or act (a) in an unsportsmanlike manner, or (b) with an intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrant or Sponsor. Sponsor's decisions with respect to the Sweepstakes are final.
8. LIABILITY & RELEASE: By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, any prize provider, and the Released Entities from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize hereunder, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (e) injury or death to a person(s) or damage to property which may be result, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes or entrants receipt, acceptance, use &/or enjoyment of any prize. In no event shall the Sponsor, any prize provider or the Released Entities be liable for attorney's fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. Sponsor, any prize provider, and the Released Entities reserve the right to correct typographic, clerical or printing errors in any Sweepstakes materials. Sponsor, any prize provider, and the Released Entities are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of this Sweepstakes, the administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of prize winner(s), including such error as may give an erroneous indication that a prize has been won. In the event the Sponsor, any prize provider or the Released Entities are prevented from continuing with this Sweepstakes, or the integrity and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes is undermined by any event including but not limited to fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute, or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, or any federal, state, provincial or local government law, order of regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within the Sponsor's, any prize provider’s or the Released Entities' control (each a "Force Majeure" event) the Sponsor, any prize provider, and the Released Entities shall have the right, in their sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the Sweepstakes without notice or further obligation. If the Sponsor, any prize provider or the Released Entities, in their discretion, elect to abbreviate, cancel or terminate the Sweepstakes as a result of a Force Majeure event, the Sponsor, any prize provider, and the Released Entities reserve the right, but shall have no obligation, to award the prizes from among all valid Entries received up to the time of such Force Majeure event.
10. WINNERS LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: To obtain the names of the Winner (available after October 15, 2014) or a copy of the Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped #10 envelope to: 2014 American Made Audience Choice Award Sweepstakes, c/o Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Inc., 601 W. 26th St. 9th Floor, New York, NY 10001. Please specify "Official Rules" or "Winners List". VT residents do not need to affix return postage.
HAVE A QUESTION? Write to us at Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Inc., Attn: Consumer Marketing, 601 West 26th Street, 9th Floor New York, NY 10001.
NATURE OF SPONSOR'S BUSINESS: Media and Merchandising.
Copyright © 2014, Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Inc. All rights reserved.