Voting Sweepstakes Rules
Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia
2013 “American Made Audience Choice Award” Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR SUBSCRIPTION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR SUBSCIPTION DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
These Official Rules apply for the “American Made Audience Choice Award” Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") conducted by Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Inc. (“MSLO”), with offices at 601 West 26th Street, New York, NY 10001 (“Sponsor”) which will be promoted on http://americanmade.marthastewart.com (“Website”), with official rules available at hppt://www.marthastewart.com/1005029/2013-american-made-audience-choice-award-official-rules. The Sweepstakes will start at 12:00:00 AM Eastern Daylight Savings Time ("EDT") on August 26, 2013 and will end at 11:59:59 PM Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) on September 26, 2013. By entering this Sweepstakes, you agree to the Terms in these Official Rules.
1. SWEEPSTAKES ENTRANTS AND PRIZE RECIPIENTS MUST BE (I) LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND (II) AGED 18 YEARS OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY TO BE ELIGIBLE. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. SWEEPSTAKES SUBJECT TO ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. Employees of Sponsor, Civic Entertainment Group and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, advertising and promotion, fulfillment and/or judging agencies, and related entities (collectively, the “Released Entities”), and their immediate family members (spouse, parents, siblings, children and their spouses) regardless of where they reside and/or those living in the same household of any such individual (whether or not related) are not eligible to enter or win.
2. THERE ARE TWO WAYS TO ENTER: To enter Online: Step 1) Register as a user on the www.marthastewart.com website, if you have not already. Step 2) Visit the Website to view the Sweepstakes landing page to find Nominees for whom you would like to vote. Step 3) Click Vote. Unregistered users will be required to register at this point. Step 4) When logged-in, you may vote for your favorite nominees up to six (6) times per day during the Promotion Period. One vote is equivalent to one (1) Sweepstakes entry. To enter via email: During the promotion period, email your complete name, street address, city, state, zip code, and telephone number to: email@example.com. Your entry constitutes your consent to participate in this Sweepstakes and your consent for Sponsor to obtain and deliver your name, address and other information to a prize supplier designated by Sponsor and if you are deemed a winner, your prize, as well as for other uses by Sponsor as permitted by applicable law. Entries are the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, misaddressed, postage-due or otherwise misdirected entries that are processed late or incorrectly or are lost due to computer or electronic malfunction or other error. Each entrant will be charged standard carrier-specific data plan rates and applicable taxes depending upon the entrant’s individual wireless pricing plan for each entry you make on your smartphone by your wireless provider. Other carrier-specific rates may also apply, depending on your individual wireless pricing plan, in accordance with your wireless customer agreement. Sponsor in its sole discretion may add or delete a wireless carrier at any time, without notice. All entries must be received before 11:59:59 on September 26, 2013.
3. SELECTION OF WINNERS: Potential prize winners will be selected each week in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received each week during the Promotion Period for a total of ten (10) winners. The random drawings will be conducted weekly on or about August 30, 2013, September 6, 2013, September 13, 2013, September 20, 2013 and September 27, 2013 by Sponsor’s marketing department, whose decisions on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes are final and binding in all respects pertaining to this Sweepstakes. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received each week. Potential prize winners will be notified by email or by telephone number on or about September 2, 2013, September 9, 2013, September 16, 2013, September 23, 2013 and September 30, 2013. If a prize winner notification or a prize is returned as undeliverable, a potential prize winner is ineligible, or a prize winner declines a prize, the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Limit one (1) prize per person per household.
4. PRIZES AND THEIR APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”): Weeks One through Three: one (1) winner will receive two (2) American Express Gift Cards, (ARV $50 each). Week four: three (3) winners will each receive autographed Martha Stewart book (ARV $95 each). Week Five: One (1) winner will receive three American Express Gift Cards (ARV $50 each), and three (3) winners will each receive an autographed Martha Stewart book (ARV $95 each). Total ARV of All Prizes: $1,020. Each prize winner will be solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes on prizes, as well as any and all costs associated with the acceptance and use of the prize. No substitution, assignment, or transfer of prizes permitted. In the event a prize is unavailable, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. The ARV of all prizes set forth above represents Sponsor’s good faith determination of the retail value thereof, and the actual fair market values, as ultimately determined by Sponsor, are final and binding and cannot be challenged or appealed. All terms and conditions of American Express gift cards apply.
5. CLAIMING PRIZES/RELEASES: Potential Grand Prize Winners will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability and Publicity Release (unless prohibited by law) to Sponsor within fourteen (14) days of notification. If a potential prize winner fails to comply with the Official Rules and/or to submit required documentation within the designated period, the potential prize winner will be disqualified and the prize will be awarded to an alternate prize winner in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Grand Prize Winner will be required to provide Sponsor with his/her social security number. Sponsor is not responsible for fraudulent calls or e-mails made to entrants not by the Sponsor. The Internal Revenue Service requires Form 1099 MISC to be issued and filed for any recipient who receives a prize, if the annual aggregate value of the prize received is $600 or more. Sponsor will issue a Form 1099 MISC to the Grand Prize Winner for the market value of the Grand Prize. All prizes will be awarded provided they are properly claimed.
6. WIRELESS: If for any reason this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned due to an infection by a computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes, at which time, Sponsor will conduct a random drawing from among all eligible entries received at the time of the Sweepstakes termination. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer or wireless equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by the Sponsor due to technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at the Website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes. SPONSOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR INCOMPATIBILITY OF ENTRANT’S HARDWARE, SOFTWARE OR BROWSER TECHNOLOGY WITH SPONSOR’S HARDWARE, SOFTWARE OR BROWSER TECHNOLOGY. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. In the event of a dispute as to the identity or eligibility of a prize winner based on an e-mail address or smartphone number, the winning entry will be declared made by the “Authorized Account Holder” of either the e-mail address or smartphone number submitted at time of entry. An “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person 18 years of age or older who is assigned to the e-mail address/smartphone number by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, education institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address or the wireless carrier responsible for assigning the smartphone number to the smartphone associated with the entry. Use of automated devices are not valid for entry. Sponsor may ask any entrant or potential prize winner to provide Sponsor with proof that such party is the authorized account holder of the e-mail account or smartphone associated with the entry.
7.GENERAL: By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants and prize winners: (1) agree to be bound by these Official Rules; (2) agree to release Sponsor and the Released Entities from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, costs or expenses, including without limitation property damages, personal injury and/or death arising out of participating in this Sweepstakes, or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize and claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery; and (3) consent to the use of their names, voices, pictures, and likenesses for advertising and promotional purposes in any medium throughout the world in perpetuity without additional compensation unless prohibited by law, and (4) acknowledged that Sponsor and Related Entities have neither made nor are responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition, or fitness for a particular purpose. Sponsor may discontinue this Sweepstakes at any time. Sponsor may terminate any Sweepstakes or decide to modify it in any manner that it deems fair and equitable to participants if it becomes aware of any occurrence that would materially affect the Sweepstakes’ security and fairness. Sponsor may prohibit individuals from participating in Sweepstakes and disqualify entries if they (1) attempt to enter the Sweepstakes through any means other than as described in these Official Rules, (2) attempt to disrupt the Sweepstakes or circumvent the terms and conditions of these Official Rules in any way or (3) repeatedly show a disregard for the Sweepstakes Official Rules or act (a) in an unsportsmanlike manner, or (b) with an intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrant or Sponsor. Sponsor’s decisions with respect to the Sweepstakes are final.
8. LIABILITY & RELEASE: By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and the Released Entities, from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize hereunder, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or death to a person(s) or damage to property which may be result, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or entrants receipt, acceptance, use and/or enjoyment of any prize. In no event shall the Released Entities be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. Sponsor and Released Entities reserve the right to correct typographic, clerical or printing errors in any Sweepstakes materials. Sponsor and Released Entities are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of this Sweepstakes, the administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of prize winners, including such error as may give an erroneous indication that a prize has been won. In the event the Sponsor or Released Entities are prevented from continuing with this Sweepstakes, or the integrity and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes is undermined by any event including but not limited to fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute, or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, or any federal, state, provincial or local government law, order of regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within the Sponsor’s or Released Entities’ control (each a “Force Majeure” event) the Sponsor and Released Entities shall have the right, in their sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the Sweepstakes without notice or further obligation. If the Sponsor or Released Entities, in their discretion, elect to abbreviate, cancel or terminate the Sweepstakes as a result of a Force Majeure event, the Sponsor and Released Entities reserve the right, but shall have no obligation, to award the prizes from among all valid and eligible entries received up to the time of such Force Majeure event.
10. WINNERS LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: To obtain the names of the official prize winners, available after September 30, 2013, or a copy of the Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped #10 envelope to: Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia 2013 “American Made Audience Choice Award” Sweepstakes, 601 West 26th Street, New York, NY 10001. Please specify “Official Rules” or “Winners List” on the outer mailing envelope.
HAVE A QUESTION? Write to us at Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Inc., Attn: Consumer Marketing, 601 West 26th Street, 9th Floor New York, NY 10001.
NATURE OF SPONSOR'S BUSINESS: Media and Merchandising.
Copyright © 2013, Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Inc. All rights reserved.