Asian Noodle Salad with Peanuts and Mint
This cool dish is full of flavor and so light. Scallions, cucumber, and chopped peanuts add crunch.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 6
Source: Everyday Food, June 2008
- Coarse salt
- 12 ounces soba (Japanese buckwheat noodles)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, such as safflower
- 2 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1/2 English cucumber, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup unsalted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, plus more for garnish
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook noodles until tender according to package instructions. Drain, then rinse under cold water to stop the cooking. Drain well.
In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, lime juice, and oil. In a large bowl combine noodles, scallions, cucumber, peanuts, and mint. Toss noodle mixture with sauce, garnish with additional mint, and serve.