2013 American Made Audience Choice Award Official Rules
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. “American Made Audience Choice Award” Contest (“Contest”) begins at 9:00:00 AM Eastern Time ("ET") on June 20, 2013 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on October 7, 2013 (“Promotion Period”). The computer clock of Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Inc. (“Sponsor”) is the official time-keeping device in the Contest. The information you provide will only be used for contacting the prize winners or if the user opts in to receive more information.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older at the time of Contest registration. Entrants’ businesses must be based in the United States and products produced by entrants must be manufactured in the United States. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor and its subsidiaries, Civic Entertainment Group, their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, fulfillment and marketing agencies, (collectively, “Sponsor and Promotion Entities”) their immediate families (parent, child, sibling & spouse and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and persons living in the same households as such individuals (whether related or not); past American Made Honorees and Audience Choice Award Grand Prize winners are not eligible to participate in the Contest. By participating in the Contest, participants release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor and Promotion Entities, their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, retailers, advertising and promotion agencies and the respective officers, directors, employees and agents of each of the foregoing, from any and all damages whether direct or indirect, which may be due to or arise out of participation in the Contest or any portion thereof, or the acceptance, use/misuse or possession of any prize. By participating, you agree to these Official Rules and to the decisions of the judges and Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Void where prohibited by law, rule or regulation. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
The Contest will consist of three (3) phases, as detailed below :
- Entry Period – Begins at 9:00:00 AM ET on June 20, 2013 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on August, 25, 2013
- Public Voting/Judging Period – Public Voting for Category Winners begins at 9:00:00 AM ET on August 26, 2013 and ends at 11:59:59 PM on September 22, 2013. Public Voting for the Audience Choice Award Grand Prize Winner begins at 9:00:00 AM ET on September 23, 2013 and ends at 11:59:59 on September 30, 2013.
- Announcing Winners – The six (6) Category Winners will be Announced on or about September 23, 2013. The Audience Choice Award Grand Prize Winner will be announced on or before October 7, 2013.
TO ENTER CONTEST: During the Entry Period, visit americanmade.marthastewart.com (“Contest Website”). Next, register for American made, a part of www.marthastewart.com . Complete all required fields on the nomination registration form with your true and correct information before 11:59:59 PM ET on August, 23, 2013. Remember, your form can be saved and submitted at a later date if you cannot complete the nomination form in one visit. Your nomination profile will require you to enter basic information about yourself and your business; images and media, including a profile photo and images of your products; a brief essay about your business; and you may add other optional information that you may think will enhance your profile.
Contest Entry may not contain, as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, any content that:
- Is sexually explicit; unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; profane or pornographic; contains nudity;
- Promotes illegal drugs or firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing); promotes the illegal use or abuse of tobacco or alcohol; promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous; promotes any particular political agenda or message;
- Is obscene or offensive; endorses any form of hate or hate group;
- Appears to duplicate any other submitted contest entries;
- Defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about other people or companies;
- Contains trademarks, logos, or trade dress (such as distinctive packaging or building exteriors/interiors) owned by others, without permission;
- Contains any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses;
- Contains copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings, and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media), without permission;
- Contains any individual other than the entrant and/or any materials embodying the names, likenesses, voices, or other indicia identifying any person, including, without limitation, celebrities and/or other public or private figures, living or dead, without providing legal releases for such use in a form satisfactory to sponsor;
- Contains look-alikes of celebrities or other public or private figures, living or dead;
- Communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will to which sponsor wishes to associate; and/or
- Violates any law.
By submitting a Contest Entry, each entrant represents and warrants that his/her Contest Entry is original to the entrant, that the Contest Entry has not been previously published, and that neither it nor its contents infringes upon or violates the rights of any third party, including any copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property. By submitting a Contest Entry, entrant warrants and represents that he/she consents to the submission and use of the Contest Entry in the Contest and to its use as otherwise set forth herein. By submitting a Contest Entry, entrant acknowledges and agrees that Sponsor may receive other Contest Entries under this Contest that may be similar or identical to the Contest Entry submitted by entrant, and entrant waives any and all claims he/she may have had, may have, and/or may have in the future, that any other Contest Entry reviewed and/or used by Sponsor may be similar to his/her Contest Entry.
All Contest Entries submitted may be posted on the publicly accessible Contest Website during and following the Promotion Period. By submitting a Contest Entry, each entrant acknowledges and agrees that his/her Contest Entry may be posted on the publicly accessible Contest Website and/or other Sponsor websites to be voted on by the public. Promotion Entities are not responsible for any unauthorized use of Contest Entries by third parties. Promotion Entities do not guarantee the posting of any Contest Entry. Entrants agree that they will not use the Contest Entry in conjunction with any other contest during the Contest Period without the express consent of Sponsor in each instance.
Company names, trademarks and any other copyrighted materials (collectively, “Third Party Intellectual Property”) may not be included in any Entry submitted. Any Entry submitted with any Third Party Intellectual Property may be disqualified if such use is deemed impermissible or illegal, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Use of automated devices is not valid for entry. Any Entry that is submitted with the use of an automated device will be void. Entries must include a valid e-mail address for the Entrant. By submitting an Entry, the Entrant: 1) irrevocably grants Sponsor the royalty-free right throughout the world to use, re-use, copy, publish, republish in whole or in part, edit, add to, modify, and rearrange the Entry in whatever media, including without limitation edit, rearrange, and/or copy the Entry for use in the promotion of Sponsor’s products and services without further permission, consideration or payment to the entrant, except where prohibited; 2) warrants and represents that the Entry is 100% the original creation/work by the entrant and that use of the Entry as described herein will not violate any law or infringe upon the rights, title, claim or interest of any third party; and 3) certifies that Entrant is the creator and sole copyright owner of the Entry. ALL ENTRIES MUST BE FINALIZED AND SUBMITTED BEFORE 11:59:59 PM ET ON AUGUST, 25, 2013.
- Quality of craftsmanship of the product
- Degree of innovation and excellence in the entrants’ respective field.
- Quality of the aesthetic design both of the products and the entrants’ entry page.
Winners are determined solely by popular vote of the public.
The Grand Prize consists of a trip for winner and a guest to New York City, NY October 15-17, 2013. Exact details of the prize package are as follows:
- Round-trip coach class air transportation for two (2);
- Three (3) days/two (2) nights in a standard double occupancy room at a hotel of the Sponsor’s choosing;
- Ground transportation to from airport to hotel, and from hotel.
- $10,000 cash
- A chance to be featured on www.marthastewart.com
- A photo and video shoot with Martha Stewart Living.
- An opportunity to appear on the Martha Stewart Living radio show on SiriusXM radio.
The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Contest Grand Prize is $16,000.00
The Category Winners will receive a gift basket containing products from MSLO’s various product lines, with an ARV of $300.00 each. The total ARV for Category Winner Prizes is $1,800.00.
The Total ARV of all prizes is $18,000.00.
Travel must be taken during October 15, 2013 – October 17, 2013 or prize will be forfeited and Sponsor will have no further obligation to such winner. In the event that a Grand Prize Winner lives within One Hundred Fifty (150) miles of New York City, NY, Sponsor will provide the Grand Prize winner with round trip ground transportation between the Grand Prize Winner’s residence and New York City, NY in lieu of the round trip coach class air transportation from major commercial airport nearest the winner’s residence. The dollar value difference between the round trip first class air transportation and ground transportation will not be provided to the winner. Grand Prize Winner is solely responsible for any and all expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the prize description herein, including but not limited to ground transfers between Prize Winner’s residence and airport of departure, in-room charges (e.g., mini-bar, room service, telephone, movies), gratuities, travel upgrades, baggage fees, and personal incidentals. Grand Prize Winner or his/her Guest will be required to provide a valid major credit card or some other acceptable form of payment, as determined in the hotel’s sole discretion upon hotel check and all in-room charges, telephone calls, meals, beverages, hotel upgrades, amenities, personal incidentals and any other expenses charged to the winners hotel room will be charged to that major valid credit card or deducted from the deposit provided. Grand Prize Winner and his/her Guest must travel on dates designated by Sponsor and on the same itinerary. In the event the Grand Prize Winner and/or his/her Guest cannot travel on dates designated by Sponsor, Grand Prize Winner may be disqualified and the Grand Prize Winner position may be awarded to the next Entry that received the next highest score, provided sufficient time remains prior to the winner travel date. Travel is subject to terms and condition set forth in these Official Rules and those set forth by selected travel providers, availability and other material restrictions may apply. Sponsor is not responsible for any fees or additional charges resulting from a winner or Guest change(s) to itinerary or accommodations. In the event, for whatever reason, the scheduled Event is cancelled prior to a trip or during winners trip, that portion of the trip will not be awarded and Sponsor will not provide any compensation or substitution for that portion of the trip. Grand Prize Winner and his/her Guest will be solely responsible for obtaining valid U.S. government photo identification prior to travel and the associated costs for these requirements. Sponsor shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitution or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels or other transportation companies or any other persons providing any of these services and accommodations to passengers including any results thereof such as changes in services or accommodations necessitated by same. Sponsor shall not be liable for any loss or damage to baggage. If the Grand Prize Winner becomes disabled or cannot otherwise fully enjoy the prize due to illness, Sponsor shall have the option at its sole discretion of being relieved of liability for fulfillment of the trip and no other compensation in lieu of the trip will be awarded. Grand Prize Winner and his/her Guest are responsible for obtaining his/her own medical and life insurance and the associated costs. All travel is subject to any and all restrictions instituted by the Department of Defense and/or Department of Homeland Security, as required.
Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, 601 W. 26th St., 10th Floor, New York, NY 10001
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.