No-Cook Red, White, and Blue Cheesecake
Relax with this colorful, festive dessert that spends time in the fridge, not the oven.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 10
Photography: Andrew Purcell
Source: Everyday Food, July/August 2013
- 15 graham crackers (8 ounces)
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 bars (8 ounces each) cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup Greek yogurt (full-fat)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- 2 cups fresh berries
In a food processor, pulse graham crackers until finely ground (you should have about 2 cups). Add butter, 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon salt; pulse until combined. Press crumbs evenly onto the bottom and 1 inch up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
In a large bowl and using an electric mixer on high, beat cream cheese until fluffy, 3 minutes. Add confectioners' sugar, yogurt, vanilla, and a pinch of salt; beat until smooth. With a rubber spatula, fold in whipped cream. Pour cream cheese mixture into crust and smooth top. Cover and refrigerate until firm, at least 8 hours (or overnight).
Combine berries and remaining 1 tablespoon granulated sugar; let stand 15 minutes. Run a knife around edge of cake; release sides to remove from pan. Top with berries and juices.