Grilled Peach Salsa
This salsa can be poured over steak to give it a Thai flavor.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Photography: Andrew Purcell
Source: Everyday Food, July/August 2013
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, plus more for grilling
- 3 peaches, halved and pitted
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Thai chiles (or 1 serrano), seeded and minced
- 2 plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Coarse salt
- 1/2 cup finely shredded fresh basil
Heat grill or grill pan to medium-high. Clean and lightly oil hot grill. Toss peaches with oil and grill, turning occasionally, until charred and softened, about 6 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board. Let cool, then cut into 1/2-inch dice. Combine peaches, garlic, chiles, tomatoes, lime juice, and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt. Let stand 15 minutes, then stir in basil.