Raw Tomato and Green Bean Pasta
This quick and simple salad is a colorful, delicious and easy-to-transport alternative to pasta salad.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 6
Photography: Andrew Purcell
Source: Everyday Food, July/August 2013
- Salt and pepper
- 3/4 pound orecchiette
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound beefsteak tomatoes, diced medium
- 1 small garlic clove, mashed to a paste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese (4 ounces)
- 1/2 cup fresh dill or mint
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta 3 minutes less than package instructions, then add beans and cook until just tender. Drain and return to pot.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine tomatoes, garlic, oil, and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
Add pasta, beans, and half the feta and herbs; toss to combine and season. Serve warm or at room temperature. Sprinkle with remaining feta and herbs.