Grilled Rack of Lamb with Onion-Mint Jam
"Frenched" racks of lamb have had the rib bones scraped clean.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 8
Photography: John Kernick
- 2 tablespoons freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup flaky sea salt, such as Maldon
- 1 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 2 frenched racks of lamb (each with 8 ribs and about 2 pounds), trimmed of excess fat, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Vegetable oil, for brushing
- Onion-Mint Jam
Preheat grill to medium. Meanwhile, stir together pepper, salt, and red-pepper flakes. Rub lamb with olive oil and 1/4 cup pepper mixture. Let stand 15 minutes.
Brush hot grill with vegetable oil. Grill lamb, turning occasionally, until a thermometer inserted into thickest part of flesh (do not touch bone) reaches 125 degrees for medium-rare, about 25 minutes.
Transfer lamb to a cutting board; let rest at least 15 minutes and up to 30 minutes. Slice into chops and serve with jam and remaining pepper mixture.