Heirloom Tomatoes with Cherries, Balsamic, and Hyssop
You can substitute any floral, aromatic herb, such as mint, tarragon, or basil, for hyssop.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Photography: Maria Robledo
Source: Martha Stewart Living, July 2013
- 1 large ripe red heirloom tomato (about 8 ounces), sliced
- 6 red cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup fresh Bing cherries, halved and pitted
- 2 tablespoons good-quality balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons small fresh anise-hyssop leaves and flowers (optional)
Divide heirloom slices among 4 plates. Scatter cherry tomatoes and cherries on top, then drizzle with vinegar. Scatter hyssop on top.