Under 30 Minutes
Pork Rib Chops with Sweet Peppers and Basil
- 4 bone-in pork rib chops (each about 8 ounces and about 1/2 inch thick)
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 pound sweet peppers (3 or 4), such as red and yellow bell peppers, stems and ribs discarded, sliced crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick rings
- 1 medium red onion, sliced crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- 2 sprigs fresh basil, plus small basil leaves, for garnish
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
Season chops with 1 tablespoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper total. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chops, flipping once, until golden brown on both sides, about 5 minutes total. Transfer to a plate.
Reduce heat to medium and add remaining tablespoon oil to skillet. Cook peppers, onion, and basil, gently stirring occasionally, until vegetables soften and turn golden in places, about 7 minutes. Return chops along with any accumulated juices on plate to skillet, placing them on top of vegetables. Add vinegar, cover, and cook until a thermometer inserted into thickest part of chops (do not touch bone) reaches 145 degrees, about 3 minutes.
Discard basil sprigs and divide chops and vegetables evenly among 4 plates. Garnish with basil leaves.