Under 30 Minutes
Nuoc Cham Dipping Sauce
Reserve one-third cup for the mango salad; serve the rest with the black-pepper beef in our Cool and Easy Vietnamese Menu.
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic (from about 4 cloves)
- 2 Thai chiles or 1 serrano chile, stems and seeds removed, minced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons hot tap water
- 1/2 cup Vietnamese or Thai fish sauce (preferably Red Boat 40 degrees N)
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 4 teaspoons finely grated lime zest, plus 3 tablespoons juice (from 2 limes)
Combine garlic, chiles, and sugar in a bowl and add hot water, stirring until sugar has dissolved. Stir in fish sauce and vinegar, then stir in lime zest and juice until combined.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, July 2013