- 2 very firm underripe mangoes (about 2 pounds)
- 1/3 cup Nuoc Cham Dipping Sauce
- 6 scallions, white and pale-green parts only (reserved from Shrimp Summer Rolls), thinly sliced on the bias (about 1/3 cup)
- 1/4 cup lightly packed fresh mint leaves, coarsely chopped (from 1 bunch)
- 1/2 cup lightly packed fresh cilantro leaves and stems, coarsely chopped (from 1 bunch)
- 2/3 cup roasted unsalted peanuts, coarsely chopped
Peel mangoes. Cut 1/4-inch-thick slices of flesh away from pits, then cut slices lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick batons. Gently toss together mangoes, nuoc cham sauce, scallions, and herbs in a large bowl. Let salad stand, stirring occasionally, at least 30 minutes and up to 2 hours. Before serving, stir in peanuts.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, July 2013