Peanut Dipping Sauce
- Total Time:
- Yield: Makes 1 3/4 cups
Source: Martha Stewart Living, July 2013
- 1 teaspoon safflower oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (from about 2 cloves)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter, divided
- 1 1/4 cups water, divided
- Roasted unsalted peanuts, coarsely chopped, for garnish
Heat oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Add garlic, tomato paste, and hoisin and cook, stirring, until mixture comes to a boil, about 1 minute. Add 1/4 cup peanut butter and 1 cup water and return to a boil, whisking until mixture is smooth and thoroughly incorporated.
Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until thickened and slightly darkened, 3 minutes. Remove from heat; whisk in remaining 1/4 cup each peanut butter and water, and let cool. Divide among dipping bowls and garnish with peanuts.