Seven Bean Salad
- Servings: 6
Photography: David E. Steele
Source: Martha Stewart's Cooking School
- 1/3 cup red onion, finely minced
- Red wine vinegar, for marinating, plus more for dressing
- 1/4 cup each of 7 different varieties of dried beans, such as chickpeas, snowcap, scarlet runner, kidney, cranberry, appaloosa, and calypso, cooked
- 1/4 cup celery, finely minced
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano, for serving
Place red onion in a small bowl with enough red wine vinegar to cover. Let marinate for one hour.
In a medium bowl, combine beans, celery, and parsley. Drain onion and add to bean mixture.
Drizzle with olive oil and enough vinegar to taste. Season with salt and pepper. Toss until well combined. Salad may be eaten immediately or refrigerated up to a day.
Just before serving, shave thin slices of Parmigiano over each portion.