Chicken, Tomato and Bread Cubes with Lemon-Oregano Marinade
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Photography: Andrew Purcell
Source: Everyday Food, July/August July/August 2013
- 1/2 cup olive oil, plus more for grill
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (from 2 lemons)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 4 cups cubed crusty bread
Combine oil, lemon juice, oregano, and 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Reserve and refrigerate about 1/4 cup of marinade. Transfer remaining marinade to a zip-top bag and add chicken and toss to coat. Refrigerate 8 hours (or up to overnight).
Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high. Clean and lightly oil hot grill. Thread some skewers with chicken, others with tomatoes, and others with bread. Season with salt and pepper. Grill bread skewers for about 3 minutes, tomato skewers for 3 to 6 minutes, and chicken skewers for 12 to 15 minutes, turning all skewers frequently and brushing with reserved marinade.