Vietnamese Steak and Asparagus Salad
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Photography: Johnny Miller
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1/3 cup lime juice (from 5 limes)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 bunch large asparagus, trimmed and thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced red or green chile, seeded if desired
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound minute steaks (about 1/2 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, plus more for grilling
In a small bowl, whisk together fish sauce, lime juice, and sugar.
In a large bowl combine asparagus, carrot, bell pepper, and chile. Season with salt and pepper.
Brush steaks with oil and season with salt and pepper. Heat a grill or grill pan to high. Clean and lightly oil hot grill. Grill steaks about 3 minutes per side (for medium). Add 3 tablespoons sauce to asparagus salad and toss. Top steak with salad and serve with remaining sauce.